Any solutions?

pfurb

Hi.
I have seen alot of cases on google where people having the same
problem, but I have not seen a comprehensive solution yet. I really
hope someone can solve this once and for all.

I have created a SmartClient (No touch deployment) and it runs Ok. But
when I change the program and retry it fails the first time.

"An unhandled exception of type 'Systme.IO.FileLoadException' occurred
in IEexec.exe."
"The located assembly's manifest definition with name
'Application.exe' does not match the assembly reference."

When trying a second time, reloading the URL from IE, it works fine.
If I change the program and Deletes the temporary internet files and
retry, it also works fine.

I have set up the security permissions for the assembly (public key)
to full trust, so I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with
permissions.

Thanks in advance.

Noonu

Not sure if this is anything related, but...

AssemblyInfo.cs by default auto increments the build no (using a *)

eg 1.0.0.*

As this changes on each compile, if you compile one assembly without the
other something similar happens. not sure if this is in anyway related but
you could give it a whirl (ie fix the version no to 1.0.0.0, not 1.0.0.*

pfurb

Thanks for answering.

I do not think it is related. I am using only one assebly and it has a
fixed verionsnumber 1.0.0.1.

If i compare the manifest of an old version and a new version(using
ILDasm) the only thing that has been changed is the MVID...

..module MyApplication.exe
// MVID: {016013D1-2511-4636-BD6F-F2EE3E668797}

Reading about CLR, and how it identifies assemblies, have not directed
me closer to the solution. CLR should be able to handle this.

Anyone, any suggestions.

alcoelho

pfurb,

I am having the exact same problem, one thing I noticed as well is i
you just close and reopen your browser, you do not get the exception
Have you found a resoltution? I am still searching for one as well....

Anthon

alcoelh

pfurb

Hi Anthony.

I am sorry, but I have not found a solution yet.

I hope that someone can shed a light on this problem...

br/

theStrack

Hi,

The problem you're running into has to do with the versioning chec
that the Global Assembly Cache does. Since your app isn't strong-named
the only thing the GAC checks for a version is the URL/path. If it'
the same, it assumes that the version is the same. Well, the version i
different, so it's referencing something that isn't there any longer.

Long story short, the best way to resolve this is to Strong Name you
assemblies. It's easy to do, AND it will cut down on the number o
version checks (round trips) that the GAC is doing for each satellit
assembly you may have.

A couple great articles:

http://tinyurl.com/34guj

http://tinyurl.com/2yyaq

I haven't used this component, but it looks really promising:

http://tinyurl.com/2u76r

-Enjoy

theStrac