Any success compiling ruby-odbc for Mac OS X Leopard?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Justin Williams, Dec 3, 2007.

  1. Has anyone had any luck compiling the ruby-odbc library on Mac OS X
    Leopard? I've been following the instructions found here (http://
    www.napcsweb.com/blog/2007/03/08/15/), which worked on Mac OS X
    Tiger. Everything works in Leopard, save for ruby-odbc. When I try
    to make the library, I get the following error:

    cc -arch ppc -arch i386 -pipe -bundle -o odbc.bundle odbc.o -L"." -L"/
    System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib" -L. -
    arch ppc -arch i386 -lruby -liodbc -lpthread -ldl -lm
    Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
    "_SQLConfigDataSource", referenced from:
    _conf_dsn in odbc.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Undefined symbols for architecture ppc:
    "_SQLConfigDataSource", referenced from:
    _conf_dsn in odbc.o
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture ppc
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    lipo: can't open input file: /var/tmp//cc7qgHlP.out (No such file or
    directory)
    make: *** [odbc.bundle] Error 1

    Here's the commands I am typing into the Terminal:

    > ARCHFLAGS="-arch i386" ruby extconf.rb
    > make

    Anyone had any luck?

    Thanks for the help.
    Justin Williams, Dec 3, 2007

  2. Justin Williams

    Andrew Ryan Guest

    I installed ruby-odbc using MacPorts and it installed without any
    problems that I remember.

    Andrew Ryan, Dec 4, 2007