    that seem to do the same thing, or nearly the same thing, and I
    understand it, some modules work much better than others.

    Any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

    walterbyrd, Sep 27, 2008

  2. walterbyrd

    brian d foy Guest

    In article
    <>,
    walterbyrd <> wrote:

    > When I google catalyst vs whatever, I keep getting pages of hits about
    > some benchmark test.

    What are you searching for? When I google "perl catalyst", the top hit
    is

    http://www.catalystframework.org/

    Which I think answers all of your questions.

    > IMO: execution speed is important, but it is not the only thing in the
    > world. I am also interested in speed of development, ease of learning,
    > availability of hosting, documentation, community and so on.

    > I barely use perl, and I have never used catalyst.

    If you're not up on your Perl skills, you'll need to study up. Catalyst
    isn't that hard, but it does assume that you know Perl.

    brian d foy, Sep 28, 2008

  3. walterbyrd

    walterbyrd Guest

    > What are you searching for? When I google "perl catalyst", the top hit
    > is
    >
    >    http://www.catalystframework.org/
    >
    > Which  I think answers all of your questions.

    I am interested in a review of catalyst by somebody who has used
    catalyst, as well as other frameworks.

    walterbyrd, Sep 29, 2008