any tools for developing a website for mobile devices??

Peter

Hi All,

I am a novice .NET developer, using a 60 trial version of VS.NET 2003 to
learn .NET.
I would like to develop a website which can be accessed from a mobile
device.

What are my options,
- If I am to use .NET, then do i need a licensed version of .NET for this.
- Can I develop my small website using my 60 day trial version & deploy this
website.
- Are there any free tools which can be used to easily develop websites
which can be accessed from mobile devices?

Please can someone give me a link to a simple free utility site whereby i
can develop a website for mobile devices.
(this website i wish to develop will contain only around 3-4 pages - on my
own website).

thank you all,

peter

Peter

Does this mean that i do not need a licensed version of VS.NET to develop
ASP.NET applications??

Scott Allen

Hi Peter:

I'm not sure what the exact terms are on the trail version - they
don't seem to be online. I just wanted to point to WebMatrix as a
viable, free alternative!

IanONet

Scott, I set up the WebMatrix almost two years ago and I am trying to
do it again but evidently I don't remember all the things I changed to
get it to work. Two questions please:

1.- I can get to http://localhost/ReportsVBSDK/ and see the ASP.NET
REPORTS STARTER KIT default page but
when I click on any of the examples, I don't get the database
populated pages. Its just a heading and essentially a blank page. I
know the database is in the MSDE and I can do queries on it.
What am I missing to get the demo to work?

2.- How do I open the Reports Quickstart in the WebMatrix as a project?
Of course I can open any page but there is a choice of new project
so it would seem that there should be an open existing project.

tia

IanO

Scott Allen

Hi IanO:

I don't realy know much about WebMatrix or the Reports starter kit.
You can probably get your questions answered over in the forums on
http://asp.net/

HTH,