    davout Guest

    Does anybody know of any VoiceXML service providers in the UK who offer
    some form of trial access to developers?

    davout, May 30, 2005

  2. Re: Any VoiceXML service providers in UK offering free trial accessfor developers?

    davout wrote:
    > Does anybody know of any VoiceXML service providers in the UK who offer
    > some form of trial access to developers?

    It is near impossible to ascertain what you are asking for
    from the limited information you provide.

    It is clear you want someone to provide you with a service for free,
    but what exactly is this service you require?

    + provide a POTS to SIP gateway

    + host a VoiceXML interpreter (vxml browser) that
    receives SIP calls and
    sends http requests to a server running an
    application that serves back VoiceXML documents

    + host your application

    = all of the above

    Thomas Schodt, May 30, 2005

  3. davout

    davout Guest

    Sorry about that... I'm a newbie to this area.

    I'd noticed elsewhere that SMS service providers often provide a special
    'developer account' option that allows an application developer to register
    for a limited number of SMS transactions.

    I'm looking for a VoiceXML service provider that can auto dial telephone
    numbers with a voice script that solicits a response from the person at the
    other end.

    Hence, if there are any VoiceXML service providers in the UK that provide a
    similar trial facility, this would allow me to test out the use of VoiceXML
    against real telephone numbers.

    davout, May 31, 2005
  4. Re: Any VoiceXML service providers in UK offering free trial accessfor developers?

    davout wrote:

    > "Thomas Schodt" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>davout wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does anybody know of any VoiceXML service providers in the UK who offer
    >>>some form of trial access to developers?

    >>... what exactly is this service you require?
    >>
    >> + provide a POTS to SIP gateway
    >>
    >> + host a VoiceXML interpreter (vxml browser) that
    >>receives SIP calls and
    >>sends http requests to a server running an
    >>application that serves back VoiceXML documents

    > I'm looking for a VoiceXML service provider that can auto dial telephone
    > numbers with a voice script that solicits a response from the person at the
    > other end.

    So, you have some static VoiceXML document(s) you want to test,

    and you want someone to provide to you, for free,
    a SIP to POTS gateway
    including a limited number of free minutes.

    And you want it packaged with an autodialler.

    > ... this would allow me to test out the use of VoiceXML
    > against real telephone numbers.

    What is that intended to prove about your VoiceXML document(s)
    that exercising it (them) with calls originating from
    a (virtual) SIP phone would not prove?

    Thomas Schodt, May 31, 2005
  5. davout

    davout Guest

    > What is that intended to prove about your VoiceXML document(s)
    > that exercising it (them) with calls originating from
    > a (virtual) SIP phone would not prove?

    a real world demo?

    davout, May 31, 2005
  6. Re: Any VoiceXML service providers in UK offering free trial accessfor developers?

    davout wrote:
    >>What is that intended to prove about your VoiceXML document(s)
    >>that exercising it (them) with calls originating from
    >>a (virtual) SIP phone would not prove?

    > a real world demo?

    I feel I get exactly the same user experience
    calling from a POTS phone to a POTS-to-SIP gateway, or
    calling from my PC SIP phone emulator directly to a vxml interpreter.

    On another note; I would not be happy at all if someone were to autodial
    my home phone number unsolicited and present an automated service.

    Thomas Schodt, May 31, 2005