Any way to convert a file into XML document in ASP

Guest

1) Is there a way to convert a file (MPP format) into an XML document in ASP.
Is there any relation with XMLSerializer class with this. Can we use this
class to convert a file into an XML Document. The conversion need to be done
in coding as a web service using ASP/ASP.Net

2) How to import pulic classes into an ASP file (in java we use, import)

Thanks

JohnFol

Microsoft Project has an object model that can be used within the ASP code.
You simply create the application object, load the project and use the
FileSaveAs method to get the MPP as XML.

bruce barker

in .net, you import classes via compiler switches much like c/c++. in .net
importing is refered to as adding a reference. there is no language support
for this.

don't confuse importing (referencing) a class with the "using" command,
which just changes namespace scoping rules.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| 1) Is there a way to convert a file (MPP format) into an XML document in
ASP.
| Is there any relation with XMLSerializer class with this. Can we use this
| class to convert a file into an XML Document. The conversion need to be
done
| in coding as a web service using ASP/ASP.Net
|
| 2) How to import pulic classes into an ASP file (in java we use, import)
|
| Thanks

Guest

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. After loading Application Object, i am
unable to call FileSaveAs Method. Should I have any prereqisites for this. If
possible, please provide me the code to call the method through the object.

Thanks.