Any way to know if a site uses all precompiled DLLs?

Josh Agarrio

The abridged reason for wondering what I'm wondering is that there is a
person who wants to outsource some work to someone else who wants to
outsource it to me, leaving me about three levels removed from the client in
question. And by the time I explained the reasons I need to know and it
goes back through the chain, I fear a bit of whisper-down-the-lane would
distort what I'm asking.

So, is there any info that one can collect from a web server about a web
application that would tell me if the aspx files use run-time aspx.cs/vs
files, source code in the app_code folder, or <script runat=server> code in
the aspx files as opposed to precompiled dlls. I fear that if I say to
someone, "sure, I could make those programmatic changes to that site," and I
then find out that it's all dlls with no source code, I'd wind up coming off
as an excuse maker trying to explain to a non-technical person why I can't
reasonably make the changes without access to source code.

Using Webfetch, I gleaned what I could, but there certainly wasn't a header
that said, X-Yes-you-could-get-the-source-code-if-you-ftp'd-in. :)

Thanks