    active connections, or will it only close idle connections?

    Thanks for any help, - Dave
    , Sep 15, 2005

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On 15 Sep 2005 12:25:49 -0700, wrote or
    quoted :

    >We are using WebLogic 8.1 on Solrais 8. We are trying to come up
    >with optimal db connection pool settings.

    Note how fewer and fewer questions are about Java or even the Java
    library. They are more and more about how to use some of the complex
    software written in Java. This is a good sign that the documentation
    for Java itself must be improving.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Roedy Green schreef:

    > Note how fewer and fewer questions are about Java or even the Java
    > library. They are more and more about how to use some of the complex
    > software written in Java. This is a good sign that the documentation
    > for Java itself must be improving.

    Or nobody succeeds in reading it at all and starts with the tools right
    away ;-)
    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Sep 16, 2005
  4. techmania

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    >>Does this mean we can have a maximum of 15 concurrent connections to the
    database?

    Yes, it means you can have only 15 connections to the database

    >>What happens if a 16th tries to come in?

    You will see the error 'Reached maximum capacity of pool'

    >>Also, shrinking
    kicks in every 15 minutes, but will shrinking automatically close open,
    active connections, or will it only close idle connections?

    Shrinking closes only idle connections. It does not close active connections.
    techmania, Sep 26, 2007