anyattribute ##other?

Discussion in 'XML' started by thomas smith, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. thomas smith

    thomas smith Guest

    hi all,

    I have a question with respect to anyAttribute functionality. Consider
    the following XML excerpt

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <object xmlns="urn:foo:eek:b" xmlns:it="urn:foo:it"
    <item param="value1" it:test="value2"/>
    </object>

    now, my schema needs to express/restrict that

    1. the item element (in the urn:foo:eek:b NS) has a required attribute
    param (no NS prefix required).

    2. the item element (in the urn:foo:eek:b NS) can have multiple optional
    attributes (anyAttribute) from a NS other than urn:foo:eek:b. These
    attributes must have a NS prefix.

    Note that using anyAttribute="##other" is not sufficient, as this
    still allows to add attributes without NS prefix.

    can someone help me ahead with this problem?
    many thanks
    thomas

    thomas smith, Aug 12, 2004