Anybody Else Burned By Internic/Verisign?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by (Pete Cresswell), Apr 6, 2005.

  1. I set up a couple of domain names via Internic - opting to pay via my credit
    card.

    Everything was fine until some months later, I started getting mysterious BS
    charges on my card: "AP9*24PROTECTPLUS" ford $9.95. Called 'em up and they
    said it was bc I had signed up for it on one of the Internic screens.

    Contested the charges with the card company, and they're reversed... for now...
    but the PITA factor was not trivial.

    I'm pretty careful about that stuff and the description they gave me of the
    service was so ludicrous (something about special prices on merchandise...) that
    I'm convinced somebody scammed me.

    My image is of a screen that's just a little larger than most people's monitors
    with all the info showing, but an inch or so below the visible portion maybe a
    lone little checkbox - pre-checked.... It's the only explaination I can come up
    with short of somebody lying about the Internic connection...

    Anybody?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Apr 6, 2005