Anybody ever use Pippy?

William S. Perrin

I've just downloaded and installed Pippy (http://pippy.sourceforge.net/)
for my Palm. It's called 1.52+. I'm not sure what the plus is. It seems
to run ok. Anyone else have any experience?

One short side is no floating point capability.

Thanks, WSP

Ganesan R

William" == William S Perrin said:
I've just downloaded and installed Pippy
(http://pippy.sourceforge.net/) for my Palm. It's called 1.52+. I'm
not sure what the plus is. It seems to run ok. Anyone else have any
experience?

I have it loaded on my Treo 90. Haven't seriously played around with it. I
don't remember if Pippy has an interface to the Palm UI, if it does that's
certainly a plus. Unforunately it doesn't seem to be maintained any
more. Personally, I find Plua, palm port of Lua 4.0 more promising. There is
even an free desktop IDE for Plua written in Java (see
http://www.sophonix.com/downloads/plural.asp).

Ganesan

Dang Griffith

I've just downloaded and installed Pippy (http://pippy.sourceforge.net/)
for my Palm. It's called 1.52+. I'm not sure what the plus is. It seems
to run ok. Anyone else have any experience?

One short side is no floating point capability.

Thanks, WSP
I've used it a few times, for programmable calculator type things
(w/o floating point), but could never get my source files to import,
so I ended up doing a lot of manual import (copy/paste). As Ganesan
points out, it doesn't seem to be supported.
I think the "+" is for the few Palm-specific modules. There are a
few modules with interesting names (palmform, palmdm, palmevent), but
I couldn't find examples or documentation.
Another short side is no regex/re module. I don't have stuff to
scan on the PDA, but it would be convenient at times to experiment
with an expression.
--dang