Anybody has ported talib to Python via SWIG

Aldo Ceccarelli

Hi Everybody,
TaLib (technical analysis package with function indicators coded in C/C
++, http://www.ta-lib.org ) has a complete library with source in C/C+
+.

I am new to SWIG (wrapper interface generator) and would really
appreciate any Python (.py) port of TaLib to be able to call and test
TaLib's functions (f.i. MACD, Parabolic SAR and so on) in some Python
(2.5) script.

Do you have idea whether TaLib Python package has already been
generated and can be eventually downloaded anywhere?

Many thanks, kind regards.
Aldo

Gabriel Genellina

En Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:49:33 -0200, Aldo Ceccarelli
Hi Everybody,
TaLib (technical analysis package with function indicators coded in C/C
++, http://www.ta-lib.org ) has a complete library with source in C/C+
+.

I am new to SWIG (wrapper interface generator) and would really
appreciate any Python (.py) port of TaLib to be able to call and test
TaLib's functions (f.i. MACD, Parabolic SAR and so on) in some Python
(2.5) script.

Do you have idea whether TaLib Python package has already been
generated and can be eventually downloaded anywhere?

If Talib has a C API (not C++), the ctypes module can be used to call
those C functions, so there is no need to write a special SWIG wrapper. In
fact it may be much easier to do that way.

ctypes is a standard module on Python 2.5, and is documented here:
http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ctypes.html

Aldo Ceccarelli

En Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:49:33 -0200, Aldo Ceccarelli

If Talib has a C API (not C++), the ctypes module can be used to call
those C functions, so there is no need to write a special SWIG wrapper. In
fact it may be much easier to do that way.

ctypes is a standard module on Python 2.5, and is documented here:http://docs.python.org/lib/module-ctypes.html

Many thanks a lot, Gabriel.
I will study ctypes and its applicability to ta-lib in particular; in
negative case I will go through ta-lib forum available (for registered
users) at http://www.tadoc.org here I have just found several posts of
people describing their path to ta-lib port via SWIG too. Again thanks
and kindest regards:) Aldo