Anybody have a suggestion on a good beginner on asp.net

Tony Johansson

I have been working with win forms C# for 1.5 years and xml.
I have not been using any kind of web development or html so I'm totaly new
to asp.net.

I want a suggestion for a good book on asp.net for a newbie like me

//Tony

Nathan Sokalski

I would strongly suggest the following:

ASP.NET 3.5 Unleashed
by Stephen Walther

When I first started learning ASP.NET, I had almost no experience in .NET,
web or desktop, other than an extremely basic college course on ASP.NET 1.1,
but they did very little in that. But I wanted to learn more about ASP.NET,
and my professor recommended ASP.NET Unleashed (which was the version of the
book for 1.1), and as 2.0 and 3.5 came along, I bought and read the versions
of the book for them. The book is very example oriented, with complete
examples (not just 3 lines that you have no idea where to put in the rest of
the code) and explanations. The book covers all details, without this book,
I don't know if I'd be where I am today.