Anybody know "dynamic Web Service" which has Plug & Play feature ???

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by gungun, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. gungun

    gungun Guest

    hi,

    Any one here knows anything about so called Dynamic Web Service (or
    human-facing Web Service)?

    The dynamic Web Service just means human-facing Web Service (IBM term),
    which can be used via plug & play. Different with those Data-oriented Web
    Service (we know, most web services are used by method call then return some
    data, they are called as "data-oriented web service" indeed), the dynamic
    Web Service has own presentation (web layout: text,button etc.), which can
    be plugged into client web page and modified by end users; and the dynamic
    Web Service can handle own events
    such as button clicking. What's more, it can communicate with other dynamic
    web services staying in the same client web page!

    I think such web service is very attractive.

    In this area, IBM and other companies [but not include Microsoft! :( ) have
    submitted some drafts to OASIS committee about one year ago, including WSRP,
    WSEL etc. You can refer to
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsrp/ for more
    information.

    I just wonder, does Microsoft also provide similar proposal or technical
    draft? If so, what's it? If not, how can I implement a dynamic web service
    via Microsoft technologies?

    Welcome any reply and suggestion!
    Thank you so much!

    Regards,
    GunGun

    gungun, Oct 28, 2003

  2. gungun

    gungun Guest

    Maybe I should call it as "Interactive web service" for better
    understanding.

    If anybody got confused with my post, please refer to this news about WSRP
    standard release:
    http://www.webcollage.com/html/solutions/remote_portlets/the_wsrp_standard.asp

    It's a newly released standard

    gungun, Oct 28, 2003