Anybody know how ASP.Net handles incoming requests from the ISAPI Extension?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rick Strahl [MVP], May 10, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I'm trying to put together some notes on how ASP.Net works for myself and a
    presentation I'm doing. One thing I can't seem to figure out is what happens
    at the entry point of an ASP.Net request. What is the transition from the
    unmanaged ISAPI code (in IIS 6) that runs in the default AppDomain that
    makes call into the HttpRuntime object?

    Something must be picking up the ISAPI ECP and parsing this information into
    the various objects that make up the HttpContext. Request object members,
    Server vars etc. Is there a specific object (documented or otherwise) that
    does this?

    Obviously this is internal, but it'd be interesting to follow this code
    through.

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl