Anybody know what's up with Gmane?

Mark Lawrence

Good evening all,

I read some 20 Python mailing lists through Gmane using Thunderbird on Windows but nothing new has arrived for almost 24 hours, hence why I've reluctantly resorted to Google groups to try and find out what is going on. Looking directly at http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general shows the last post was the Steven D'Aprano thread titled "Emulating C++ namespaces with ChainMap and metaclass trickery" on 3 Oct at 20:26.

I've tried flagging this up but obviously with no success. Anyone any ideas on how to sort this out?

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.

Terry Reedy

I read some 20 Python mailing lists through Gmane using Thunderbird
on Windows but nothing new has arrived for almost 24 hours, hence why
I've reluctantly resorted to Google groups to try and find out what
is going on. Looking directly at
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general shows the last post
was the Steven D'Aprano thread titled "Emulating C++ namespaces with
ChainMap and metaclass trickery" on 3 Oct at 20:26.

I've tried flagging this up but obviously with no success. Anyone
any ideas on how to sort this out?

This is the longest outage I remember, but it is back up now. I am
reading and replying via gmane.

Ned Deily

I read some 20 Python mailing lists through Gmane using Thunderbird on
Windows but nothing new has arrived for almost 24 hours, hence why I've
reluctantly resorted to Google groups to try and find out what is going on.
Looking directly at http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general shows the
last post was the Steven D'Aprano thread titled "Emulating C++ namespaces
with ChainMap and metaclass trickery" on 3 Oct at 20:26.

I've tried flagging this up but obviously with no success. Anyone any ideas
on how to sort this out?

There were problems on one of the gmane servers. The problem was fixed
as of about three hours ago and things should be returning to normal.

GidgetGamb