    Has anybody used it? Does anybody know where to get a little example
    (such as an echo server or something like that)?

    Thank you very much.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ra=FAl?=, Jan 23, 2004

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ra=FAl?=

    Berlin Brown Guest

    Raúl wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I am trying to install a Java program as a service in a Windows 2000
    > environment.
    >
    > I have tried with Jakarta's procrun
    > (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/), but I have found very
    > little documentation and I get errors when starting my service.
    >
    > Has anybody used it? Does anybody know where to get a little example
    > (such as an echo server or something like that)?
    >
    > Thank you very much.

    If you are looking for just that, then try looking at the JBOSS docs,
    mainly a QuickStart3.0 PDF and
    they talk about this program called JavaService(it is not a part of
    jboss but it runs any java program as a service).

    Berlin Brown, Jan 25, 2004

  3. > I am trying to install a Java program as a service in a Windows 2000
    > environment.
    >
    > I have tried with Jakarta's procrun
    > (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/), but I have found very little
    > documentation and I get errors when starting my service.
    >
    > Has anybody used it? Does anybody know where to get a little example
    > (such as an echo server or something like that)?

    I haven't used that one, but I've used JavaService
    (http://www.alexandriasc.com/software/JavaService/) to run JBoss as an NT
    service. Works great.
    HTH,
    Michiel