Anybody using PERL to control their house ?

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Andrew Rich \(VK4TEC\), Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Anybody using automation and control ?

    Andrew Rich \(VK4TEC\), Oct 31, 2003

  2. Also sprach Andrew Rich (VK4TEC):

    > Anybody using automation and control ?

    In a broader sense, in that I use it to control my computer which is
    part of my household (and that replaces TV and radio).

    I heard some rumours according to which Larry would have a Perl-controllable
    coffee-machine.

    Tassilo

    Tassilo v. Parseval, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Andrew Rich \(VK4TEC\)

    Guest

    "Andrew Rich \(VK4TEC\)" <> writes:

    > Anybody using automation and control ?

    Have a look at:

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=x10&mode=all

    HTH

    --
    Brian Raven
    P.S. I suppose I really should be nicer to people today, considering

    , Oct 31, 2003
  4. Andrew Rich \(VK4TEC\)

    Bill Guest

    "Tassilo v. Parseval" <> wrote in message news:<bntaoh$6kr$-Aachen.DE>...
    > Also sprach Andrew Rich (VK4TEC):
    >
    > > Anybody using automation and control ?

    > In a broader sense, in that I use it to control my computer which is
    > part of my household (and that replaces TV and radio).
    >
    > I heard some rumours according to which Larry would have a Perl-controllable
    > coffee-machine.
    >
    > Tassilo

    You might want to check out the Perl source code for Misterhouse. It's
    been available at http://misterhouse.net/.

    Bill, Oct 31, 2003