Anyone debugging unit tests with a ruby/eclipse plugin setup?

Steve Conover, Jr

I'm on windows, and have tried using the windows and cygwin ruby
interpreters. I can set breakpoints on test methods, but when I try
to step into a method the debugger just skips to the next method. If
I set a breakpoint inside a test method, the debugger just doesn't see
it at all.

This works the same for both TestUnit and RubyUnit tests. I noticed
the page on RubyGarden that lists debugger problems, but the fix
mentioned doesn't seem to work.

Is this debugging setup working for anyone here?

Regards,
Steve

Christoph Tapler

Steve Conover said:
Is this debugging setup working for anyone here?
Yes, in the meantime ;)

I also had some problems debugging my code with Eclipse and Ruby 1.6.8.
under Windows.
The most problems I had, emerged that the Windows filesystem is not case
sensitive. But (obviously) Ruby[Eclipse] assumes that the filenames are case
sensitive.
Maybe it helps when you rewrite the require statements so that the filenames
are exactly equal to the filenames in the filesystem (it resolved nearly all
the problems in my case).
For example that makes a difference (even in Windows):
require 'Testframework/Testframework.rb' <-- doesn't work for
example (f instd. of F)
require 'TestFramework/TestFramework.rb'

HTH,
Christoph