    AR lang sites..

    thanks!

    Bennie
    222, May 18, 2007

  2. 222 wrote :
    > Hi,
    >
    > wondering if anyone can recommend CSS font-families for ARABIC font display?
    >
    > or is it best to specify no font and let the user agent pick the best?

    The latter. Just let the user choose and select the font family he wants
    or has for arabic or just use the generic "sans-serif" for the font.
    Browsers have setting, preferences users can choose for

    language < -- > font-family

    > particularly interested in hearing from those who have successfully launched
    > AR lang sites..

    I have. Just make sure that language, charset encoding in the webpage
    and that the server is properly configured to serve the selected
    character set/encoding.

    E.g.:

    <head>

    You may have to check
    http://web-sniffer.net/
    for the http header responses.

    More on all this:

    W3C internationalization

    Introducing Character Sets and Encodings
    http://www.w3.org/International/getting-started/characters

    Language on the web
    http://www.w3.org/International/getting-started/language

    Internationalization Quick tips
    http://www.w3.org/International/quicktips/

    GĂ©rard
    --
    Using Web Standards in your Web Pages (Updated Apr. 2007)
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Using_Web_Standards_in_your_Web_Pages
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=E9rard_Talbot?=, May 19, 2007