Anyone else getting posts back as email undeliverable bounces?

Bengt Richter

It seems lately all my posts have been coming back to me as bounced emails,
and I haven't emailed them ;-(

I've been getting bounce messages like (excerpt):

This is the Postfix program at host deimos.liage.net.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
name=lindensys.net type=A: Host not found
Reporting-MTA: dns; deimos.liage.net
Arrival-Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:50:13 -0400 (EDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; (e-mail address removed)
Action: failed

Regards,
Bengt Richter

Ron Adam

Bengt said:
It seems lately all my posts have been coming back to me as bounced emails,
and I haven't emailed them ;-(

I've been getting bounce messages like (excerpt):

Yes, I get them too. Plugging http://deimos.liage.net/ into a browser get:

This domain is parked, underconstruction.

Not sure if it means anything?

Doing a whois on liage.net points to:

Registrant:
Ticluse Teknologi

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: LIAGE.NET

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.GOVDEV.COM
NS2.GOVDEV.COM

For complete domain details go to:
http://whois.godaddy.com

You can find out more by following the godaddy link or just go here and
enter the numbers displayed to access it.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/whois.asp?se=+&domain=LIAGE.net&ci=1718

Maybe an email to them would clear it up?

Cheers,
Ron

James Stroud

This is an autoreply to your message.

Oh wait, no its not, its really me.

Yes, I am getting the same trash. I hope whoever it is at liage.net, gets
tired of mail related threads like this and disables their damn autobounce.
Perhaps they will check to see if they are responsible before the chime in
with some righteous admonishment about off-topic threads.

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com/

Terry Reedy

Bengt Richter said:
It seems lately all my posts have been coming back to me as bounced
emails,
and I haven't emailed them ;-(

They are gatewayed to the general python email list. But bouncing list
emails back to authors instead of the listserve is truly awful.
I've been getting bounce messages like (excerpt):
This is the Postfix program at host deimos.liage.net.

LOL. since I never sent email to that address (or similar, not sure), I
assumed that these were viral messages disguised as fake bounces (which I
once got daily) or at best spam and deleted without reading further.

If they are list-bounces, the list moderators should also get a bounce and
unsubscribe whoever. I'll see what happens to this.

Terry J. Reedy

Ron Adam

Terry said:
They are gatewayed to the general python email list. But bouncing list
emails back to authors instead of the listserve is truly awful.

LOL. since I never sent email to that address (or similar, not sure), I
assumed that these were viral messages disguised as fake bounces (which I
once got daily) or at best spam and deleted without reading further.

If they are list-bounces, the list moderators should also get a bounce and
unsubscribe whoever. I'll see what happens to this.

Terry J. Reedy

It looks to me like a server was forwarding them to another network,
possibly an internal one, and that address was disconected or expired,
but the forwarding address wasn't removed.

---
<[email protected]>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
name=lindensys.net type=A: Host not found
---

The admin on LIAGE.NET is/was probably the owner of both given the name
of the not found host and the LIAGE.NET adminstrator.

---
Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: LIAGE.NET
Created on: 18-Mar-05
Expires on: 18-Mar-06
Last Updated on: 20-Jun-05

Administrative Contact:
Linden, James (e-mail address removed) <------- lindensys.net not found
---

The web site at tictek give the same exact under construction notice as
LIAGE.NET.

Cheers,
Ron

Steve Holden

I've even tried communicating with postmaster at all relevant domains,
but such messages are either bounced or ignored, so I've just filtered
that domain out.

regards
Steve

Bengt said:
[...]

Yeah, but I thought maybe there could be a way to detect this kind of
situation from the python.org or xs4all.nl side and not feed a thing
that vomits indiscriminately, so to speak. Sorry about the metaphor ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter