Anyone ever done a binary Stream.write??? How?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Larry Woods, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Larry Woods

    Larry Woods Guest

    I am trying to write a binary stream from ASP (VBScript). No combination
    seems to work:

    set x=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
    x.open
    x.type=1 ' binary
    x.write ??????

    No matter what I substitute for "????" (array, cbyte(0), string, etc.) I
    get:

    Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in
    conflict with one another.

    Does anyone have an example that works????

    TIA,

    Larry Woods

    (Cross posted to microsoft.public.data.ado)

    Larry Woods, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Larry Woods

    Slim Guest

    I always use hhtpxml

    url = http://www.voanews.com/index.cfm
    set xmlhttp = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
    xmlhttp.open "GET", url, false
    xmlhttp.send ""
    tex = xmlhttp.responseText

    response.write tex