Anyone Find IIS 404 Errors custom handled by ASPX causes viewstate problem?

Jonathan Folland

I posted late last month an issue related to changing the IIS 404 handler
for my web site to a custom 404 page hanlder. The custom 404 evaluates the
agent to determine if it is asearch engine or a normal browser. If it is a
regular browser, the person is redirected to the home page.

The problem that seems to have occurred is that now many of my pages no
longer work correctly. If a user posts back, some information is not
maintained correctly. It appears to be happening in drop down lists and
list boxes. Any ideas?

Jonathan