anyone good with javascript!

Paul

Hi I have a webpage that is for data input and has a large number of controls
on it. In the middle of the page there are 2 dropdown boxes main,and sub.
when the page first loads only a is visible. If a user selects an item from
the main dropdown I reload the page and make the second dropdown visible with
sub items from the selection in the main dropdown. When this happens the
user must scroll down to the middle of the page and I was wondering if there
is a way to give focus on the second dropdown, not every time the page loads
but only when a selection is made in the main dropdown.
Thanks.