    curious if anyone has tried the latest version IX from BusinessObjects. What
    do you think of it? I am specifically interested to know if they fixed all
    the performance and memory leaks related bugs. Thank you

    LP, Feb 16, 2005

  2. XI is a major overhaul from 9. Many, many bug fixes have been implemented in
    this latest release. Plus, performance has been optimized for different
    aspects of report generation and the exporting is much better. There are
    also major performance optimizations for reporting from multiple stored
    procedures and command objects. All around I think this qualifies as a must
    have upgrade over past versions. They have a 30 day download if you want to
    test it before buying.

    HTH,

    Brian Bischof
    www.CrystalReportsBook.com

    "LP" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am in process evaluating different reporting tools. I did use CR 9

    product

    Brian Bischof, Feb 17, 2005

  3. LP

    LP Guest

    Thanks Brian,
    One more question, considering that I am fairly familiar with CR version 9
    designer and their reports APIs, what is my learning curve is going to be
    with version IX?
    I used push model to generate report by providing my own dataTable, and I
    would like adhere to the same model. Did it change a lot in version IX or I
    can pretty much get away with what I know/remember from version 9. Thanks.

    LP, Feb 17, 2005
  4. Re: Anyone had any experience with XI .NET version?

    Yeah, the .NET APIs are the same in XI (version 11). I haven't had time to
    review the API's in detail, but I don't think there were many changes. If
    anything, they might have added a few new methods. But I can't say yet. I
    did some work on converting the v10 demos for .NET to v11 and it was a
    straight port. I had one report where after the upgrade .NET couldn't open
    it. But after the second conversion attempt it opened fine.

    You're going to see a big improvement in processing the DataSet reports.
    They rewrote that code for version 10. I would be interested in seeing your
    comments after using it for a while. Get some good feedback posted here for
    others to review. I think that people coming from a 8.5/9 background should
    see how XI has been improved. I hope to post some articles on my website
    over the next month, but there are only so many hours in the day. I just
    finished an article for the .NET Developers Journal (March issue) that talks
    about the improvements as well.

    Brian

    Brian Bischof, Feb 17, 2005