    i m used to program php, a lot of difference, all the path stuff is an other
    system

    thanks in advance
    Nick, Sep 24, 2005

  2. On Sep 24, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Nick wrote:

    > hey,
    >
    > does anyone has a basic ruby on rails site with a db like a blog or
    > eshop,
    > so i can learn how this really works

    You could try looking at a Rails tutorial, like:

    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html

    There was a site created for last weeks Ruby Quiz:

    http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz47.html

    You also might have more luck asking a question like this on the
    Rails mailing list:

    Hope that helps.

    James Edward Gray II
    James Edward Gray II, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Nick

    Chris Martin Guest

    On 9/24/05, James Edward Gray II <> wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Nick wrote:
    >
    > > hey,
    > >
    > > does anyone has a basic ruby on rails site with a db like a blog or
    > > eshop,
    > > so i can learn how this really works

    > You could try looking at a Rails tutorial, like:
    >
    > http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html
    >
    > There was a site created for last weeks Ruby Quiz:
    >
    > http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz47.html
    >
    > You also might have more luck asking a question like this on the
    > Rails mailing list:

    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > James Edward Gray II

    I can see pointing to the rails list because it's a rails question,
    but this question was answered quite well, and there's really no need
    to ask it on that list too.
    Only other thing I'd have suggested is here
    http://documentation.rubyonrails.com/
    There are other tutorials, and links to some apps there.
    I can understand wanting to just look at code, if you're not the
    tutorial type, but a tutorial (or one of the movies [1]) is the best
    way to see what rails does for you.

    [1] - http://www.rubyonrails.com/media/video/rails_take2_with_sound.mov

    --
    Chris Martin