anyone has the exercise manual to K&G 2nd edition?

Antoninus Twink

If you mean K&R, then there is a "clc wiki" with solutions that you can
find using Google.

You should be very cautious, though - many of the "solutions" are by
Richard Heathfield, whose record at producing basic C code is very poor
to judge by a book he has published, so much so that people often talk
of "Heathshit" as a synonym for bullshit.

You should also be aware that that wiki has been produced by posters to
this group who have a strange attitude to topicality in comp.lang.c that
is very different from its founding post. The wiki includes some very
polemical pieces about this group, even though they have no right to
speak on the subject for anyone but themselves.

You should ignore that, and rest assured that there are many people in
this group who will be willing to help you with *all* of your C
questions.

Guest

On 11 May 2009 at  5:57, david wang wrote:

To David Wang: could you include the subject of ypur post in the
body of your post.

Subject: "anyone has the exercise manual to K&G 2nd edition?"
If you mean K&R,

I too assume David Wang meant K&R.

http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/K&R2_solutions

You should be very cautious, though - many of the "solutions" are by
Richard Heathfield, whose record at producing basic C code is very poor

Beware Twink is a troll following his own personnel agenda here.
He is also not read by many posters here so his posts don't
get the critique they deserve. Though Richrad Heathfield's code isn't
perfect it is pretty good. Twink doesn't post enough code to
comment on.

to judge by a book he has published, so much so that people often talk
of "Heathshit" as a synonym for bullshit.

Again this is just Twink's opinion. I have never heard the term
Heathshit used by anyone (respected or otherwise) on this group
You should also be aware that that wiki has been produced by posters to
this group who have a strange attitude to topicality in comp.lang.c that
is very different from its founding post.  The wiki includes some very
polemical pieces about this group, even though they have no right to
speak on the subject for anyone but themselves.

You should ignore that, and rest assured that there are many people in
this group who will be willing to help you with *all* of your C
questions.

again this is Twink trolling. Read some past post on this newsgroup
and form your own opinion.

For instance try counting how many posts of Twinks contain useful
advice (very few) and then count how many of Richard Heathfield's
(an enormous number).

Boon

Antoninus said:
You should be very cautious, though - many of the "solutions" are by
Richard Heathfield, whose record at producing basic C code is very poor
to judge by a book he has published, so much so that people often talk
of "Heathshit" as a synonym for bullshit.

Lame.

Herbert Schildt is the author with the bad reputation.

Rich Webb

"The C Answer Book", Tondo and Gimpel (ISBN-10: 0131098772 / ISBN-13:
978-0131098770). Useful as a self-study companion to K&R but be sure to
make a good effort at answering the questions before looking at the
solution in the book.

Note that there are usually many ways of solving a particular problem;
the one given in the book is not necessarily holy writ. Also note that
your instructor has a copy, too.

Antoninus Twink

Herbert Schildt is the author with the bad reputation.

He is *an* author with a bad reputation.

Heathfield is another author with a bad reputation.

Han has pointed out numerous blunders in his book that are at least as
egregious as anything Schildt has been guilty of.

Antoninus Twink

(e-mail address removed) said:

I doubt whether the number is even positive.

The vast majority of my posts contain useful technical advice. But you
know that - since you're obviously a fake killfiler - and just can't
admit it. As you often, you are completely blinded by hate and
prejudice, and just can't admit plain facts.
I would not be terribly surprised to learn that it's negative.

I would be surprised to learn that my proportion of negative posts is
greater than that of the HTF trolling unit.
Too kind.

Indeed.