Anyone have any experience with WebLogic 8?

laredotornado

Hello, I have just installed WebLogic 814 for Solaris 8. The machine
is in a remote location, so I did all the installation remotely. My
question is, how do I create a data source? I am used to WL 5 with the
weblogic.properties file, but WL 8 seems different.
Any help is greatly apprciated, - Dave

brock57

I suggest using the weblogic console -
http://pathtoyourserver:7001/console

Or you can edit the config.xml file in your domain to look something
like the following:

<JDBCConnectionPool DriverName="com.your.db.Driver"
Name="YourPool"
Password="yourpass"
Properties="user=EAIHeartbeat"
Targets="myserver"
URL="jdbc:mysql:machine:3306/db"/>

<JDBCTxDataSource JNDIName="some.jndi.name"
Name="GenericName"
PoolName="YourPool" Targets="myserver"/>

Tim

Thou shalt edit the config.xml or go to http://srvr:port/console and
login with system and password. Its called config.xml here but web.xml
I think is the general name used in Tomcat and others.
srvr:port is the ip or machine name for srvr and for port try 80, 7021,
or 7041 I think.

E.g....
<JDBCConnectionPool CapacityIncrement="1"
CountOfTestFailuresTillFlush="1"
DriverName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" InitialCapacity="5"
MaxCapacity="50" Name="refGlobalConnPool"
Password="{3DES}Me0n613G5wm3GkAP/WHUSw=="
Properties="user=t3datglobl" RefreshMinutes="0"
ShrinkPeriodMinutes="15" ShrinkingEnabled="true"
SupportsLocalTransaction="true" Targets="admin"
TestConnectionsOnRelease="false"
TestConnectionsOnReserve="true"
TestFrequencySeconds="300"
TestTableName="SQL SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"
URL="jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:hppqsd01:1521:T3DD"/>
<JDBCConnectionPool CapacityIncrement="1"
CountOfTestFailuresTillFlush="1"
DriverName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" InitialCapacity="5"
MaxCapacity="20" Name="refExtConnPool"
Password="{3DES}GYcuSaCGqXBBa8CGnsfd6g=="
Properties="user=t3datglbext" RefreshMinutes="0"
ShrinkPeriodMinutes="15" ShrinkingEnabled="true"
SupportsLocalTransaction="true" Targets="admin"
TestConnectionsOnRelease="false"
TestConnectionsOnReserve="true"
TestFrequencySeconds="300"
TestTableName="SQL SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"
URL="jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:hppqsd01:1521:T3DD"/>

and also

<JDBCTxDataSource EnableTwoPhaseCommit="true"
JNDIName="cgDataSource-nonXA;weblogic.jdbc.jts.ebusinessPool"
Name="cgDataSource-nonXA" PoolName="cgJMSPool-nonXA"
Targets="admin"/>
<JDBCTxDataSource EnableTwoPhaseCommit="true"

JNDIName="portalFrameworkPool;contentDataSource;weblogic.jdbc.jts.commercePool"
Name="portalFrameworkPool" PoolName="portalPool"
Targets="admin"/>
<JDBCDataSource JNDIName="GloblDataSource" Name="GloblDataSource"
PoolName="refGlobalConnPool" Targets="admin"/>
<JDBCTxDataSource EnableTwoPhaseCommit="true"
JNDIName="refExtDataSource" Name="refExtDataSource"
PoolName="refExtConnPool" Targets="admin"/>

It's all XML so you can make it work by looking at the other XML. Best
way is to use the GUI. Drill into services or something like that. A
lot more flexible than the .properties file. Oh yeah!
Best luck, TimJowers

Juha Laiho

Tim said:
Thou shalt edit the config.xml or go to http://srvr:port/console and
login with system and password. Its called config.xml here but web.xml
I think is the general name used in Tomcat and others.

config.xml and web.xml are different beasts;
config.xml parametrizes the application server, while web.xml describes
one deployed web application. The closest equivalent for config.xml
in Tomcat is server.xml (but the elements and syntax is different);
web.xml is web.xml with any web application container, as it is
specified by the Sun Servlet Specification.