Anyone have this book? Developing ASP.NET Server Controls and Components

MattC

Developing ASP.NET Server Controls and Components
N. Kothari

I would appreciate any comments on it.

MattC

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi Matt,

I know you'll think this is biased coming from Microsoft, but I can tell
you without trepidation that Nikhil's book is the sole authority on this
topic. Nikhil is one of our development leads and his book is top-notch
material. You'll see similar comments elsewhere on the Internet.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

David Alexander

Matt,

Definitely avoid "Developing .NET Custom Controls & Designers Using C#" by
James Henry. Besides being badly bound and printed (falling apart after one
reading), it isn't well written. The author really needed an editor: there
are mispellings, bad grammar, and it is incohesive. I ended up buying the
Microsoft book and it looks good so far, but I have only just started
reading it.