    N. Kothari

    I would appreciate any comments on it.

    MattC
    MattC, Jul 16, 2004

  2. Hi Matt,

    I know you'll think this is biased coming from Microsoft, but I can tell
    you without trepidation that Nikhil's book is the sole authority on this
    topic. Nikhil is one of our development leads and his book is top-notch
    material. You'll see similar comments elsewhere on the Internet.

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
    MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
    Microsoft Developer Support

    --------------------
    >From: "MattC" <>
    >Subject: Anyone have this book? Developing ASP.NET Server Controls and

    Components
    >Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:20:32 +0100
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
    .phx.gbl

    Jim Cheshire [MSFT], Jul 16, 2004

  3. Matt,

    Definitely avoid "Developing .NET Custom Controls & Designers Using C#" by
    James Henry. Besides being badly bound and printed (falling apart after one
    reading), it isn't well written. The author really needed an editor: there
    are mispellings, bad grammar, and it is incohesive. I ended up buying the
    Microsoft book and it looks good so far, but I have only just started
    reading it.

    David Alexander, Jul 16, 2004