Anyone Have (XP) 2.4.4 Installed and Can Check This Simple matplotlibProgram?

W. eWatson

I'm going to try another stab at this problem again. I'd like someone with
2.4.4 and matplotlib-0.98.3.win32-py2.4exe to try it (below). It produces a
runtime error, and python (IDLE) dies. If I use from the console "import
matplotlib" or variations (pythonw), it fails.

I think is the final shot on this. If it won't work, I'm off to 2.5, and
will drag some others with me who use the common program I'm trying to add a
feature to.

Here's the code I pulled from the matplotlib site. I added finish() to it.

from pylab import *

def finish():
print; print "Bye"
print
raw_input('Press Enter to Quit')
sys.exit()

t = arange(0.0, 2.0, 0.01)
s = sin(2*pi*t)
plot(t, s, linewidth=1.0)

xlabel('time (s)')
ylabel('voltage (mV)')
title('About as simple as it gets, folks')
grid(True)
show()
finish()

--
W. eWatson

Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>

pjacobi.de

I'm going to try another stab at this problem again. I'd like someone with
2.4.4 and matplotlib-0.98.3.win32-py2.4exe to try it (below).

IMHO an important detail of your configuration is missing. What's your
numerical library? Did you install a Win32 distribution including a
numerical library (which?), or which package do you have installed
separately?

In general I've used matplotlib with every Python version between 2.2
and 2.5 (inclusive) on Win32 without problem, but the separate
installation
was sometimes a problem.

Regards,
Peter

W. eWatson

IMHO an important detail of your configuration is missing. What's your
numerical library? Did you install a Win32 distribution including a
numerical library (which?), or which package do you have installed
separately?

In general I've used matplotlib with every Python version between 2.2
and 2.5 (inclusive) on Win32 without problem, but the separate
installation
was sometimes a problem.

Regards,
Peter
I'm pretty new to Python, so how do I find the versions? I see IDLE provides
a path browser. Can it tell me? I see various items in a tree: scipy PIL,
Numeric_headers:package, LibearAlgebra.py, numpy etc. Under
numeric_version.py, it shows 2.4.