Anyone here deployed a webservice at WebHost4Life?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bruce W...1, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. Bruce W...1

    Bruce W...1 Guest

    WebHost4Life is my hosting company. Every web service I ever tried to
    deploy there gives me this error:

    This web service is using http://tempuri.org/ as its default namespace.
    Recommendation: Change the default namespace before the XML Web service
    is made public.

    I changed the namespace with a WebService attribute, like so many
    examples show. Works fine on my local machine. But I still get the
    tempuri.org error at the hosting company. So I'm starting to think the
    problem might be at the hosting company.

    Sofar as I can tell the IIS setting for a webservice are the same as for
    an ASP.NET website. So if ASP.NET works then so should a webservice.

    Has anyone here experienced the same problem?

    Thanks for your help.

    Bruce W...1, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Hi,

    http://tempuri.org/ is the default namespace given while making the web service. If you change this namespace to your own URL and any other url, this error would stop coming. You can also give an URI like http://www.WebHost4Life.com. This would stop the error.

    Hope this helps

    Regards,
    Bhaskardeep Khaund

    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Bruce W...1

    Bruce W..1 Guest

    > Bhaskardeep Khaund wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > http://tempuri.org/ is the default namespace given while making the
    > web service. If you change this namespace to your own URL and any
    > other url, this error would stop coming. You can also give an URI like
    > http://www.WebHost4Life.com. This would stop the error.
    >
    > Hope this helps
    >
    > Regards,
    > Bhaskardeep Khaund

    I changed the namespace attribute in my code. It works properly,
    showing my namespace, on my local PC as well as another PC on my LAN.
    But when I upload the DLL to WebHost4Life I get the tempuri.org error.

    So I'm lead to believe that it's an IIS setting that is screwing things
    up, but I'm not sure.

    And I'm not sure what you meant with your URI comment.

    Bruce W..1, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Hi,

    URI (Universal Resource locator) is the address you use for the namespace. So http://tempuri.org/ or http://www.WebHost4Life.com or any other address is an URI.

    Imports System.Web.Services<WebService(Namespace := "http://tempuri.org/")> _Public Class Service1 Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService ' WEB SERVICE EXAMPLE ' The HelloWorld() example service returns the string Hello World. ' To build, uncomment the following lines then save and build the project. ' To test this web service, ensure that the .asmx file is the start page ' and press F5. ' '<WebMethod()> Public Function HelloWorld() As String ' HelloWorld = "Hello World" ' End FunctionEnd ClassInstead of the http://tempuri.org/ ....write your own address.

    Regards,
    Bhaskardeep Khaund

    Bhaskardeep Khaund, Dec 1, 2003