Anyone here use FCKEditor for ASP.NET?

Showjumper

I was experimenting w/ Freetextbox. One thing i noticed w/ FTB was that when
you look at the html source generated by FTB its not xhtml i.e. the tags are
uppercased. I just saw on the FTB forums that it has to do w/ how MSIE
handles the tags. Wondering if anyonehere has used FCKEditor and what they
think? Thx Ashok

Guest

I have used FCK Editor , but havent worried abt the XHTML part.. But I think
in the config JS file there is a setting for XHTML..
I found it well suited when I needed a simple HTML editor.. The best part
was that I could edit the code and trim out all unwanted stuff to reduce the

Showjumper

Did you edit the js config file to customize the display becuase i dont want
all those toolbar buttons displayed? Thx

Guest

yes. I initially edited the js config file to hide buttons.. that works well

Later after going through the other js files, I could remove the code for
the unwanted buttons to reduce the size of the control.. This was a while
back and I remeber I had to do some trial-error to remove the code.. not much
help documetns available in FCK Edit website..

Showjumper

Ok thx for the info. Also there appears to be a security issue related to
the connector file which could allow people access to directories they
should have etc. Do you know if this still an issue with the latest version?