Anyone know a lot about how to make a custom DTD?

Discussion in 'XML' started by kazer_soze03, Aug 16, 2006.

  1. kazer_soze03

    kazer_soze03

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Spokane, WA
    Hey there,

    I'm trying to make a DTD that allows for a lot of flexibility -- I would like to be able to have zero or more elements inside the root in any order. I declared the content of the root element as ANY so that the elements inside the root can be in any order, but it looks like I can only have one of each of the remaining elements inside the root element. So as of now my DTD looks like this:

    <!-- cSBR is the root element -->
    <!ELEMENT cSBR ANY>
    <!ELEMENT intro (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT para (verse*, noteLink*, refLink*)>
    <!ELEMENT verse (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT noteLink (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT refLink (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT chapter (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT header (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT note (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT noteBold (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT ref (#PCDATA)>
    <!ELEMENT refBold (#PCDATA)>

    So I feel like I am close, but not quite there. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

    - Kazer Soze

    kazer_soze03, Aug 16, 2006