    and not POSIX, so i did not compile my code...what to do for me??
    i just want to make a sleep for the thread,
    RedHat Linux thread lib has not pthread_delay_np function, how to do? thx.
    hongky, Oct 9, 2003

  2. hongky

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 10:06:08 +0800, "hongky" <> wrote in
    comp.lang.c:

    > "pthread_delay_np" function can make a thread sleep, but it is a function in
    > Unix
    > and not POSIX, so i did not compile my code...what to do for me??
    > i just want to make a sleep for the thread,
    > RedHat Linux thread lib has not pthread_delay_np function, how to do? thx.

    Why are you asking here, it has nothing to do with the C language at
    all. It is not a standard function, so your question has nothing to
    do with the language.

    If you want to ask about Linux programming, ask in

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Oct 9, 2003

  3. hongky

    CBFalconer Guest

    hongky wrote:

    > "pthread_delay_np" function can make a thread sleep, but it is a function in
    > Unix
    > and not POSIX, so i did not compile my code...what to do for me??
    > i just want to make a sleep for the thread,
    > RedHat Linux thread lib has not pthread_delay_np function, how to do? thx.

    thread, pthread, Unix, POSIX, sleep are all not described by the C
    standard. Thus they are non-portable, and off-topic in c.l.c.
    Find a group dedicated to your system, or possibly threads.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Oct 9, 2003
  4. hongky

    hongky Guest

    sorry, bcoz nobody reply my topic:(

    hongky, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Jack Klein <> spoke thus:

    > If you want to ask about Linux programming, ask in

    Or comp.programming.threads, or whatever that group is...

    --
    Christopher Benson-Manica | Upon the wheel thy fate doth turn,
    ataru(at)cyberspace.org | upon the rack thy lesson learn.
    Christopher Benson-Manica, Oct 9, 2003
  6. hongky

    emerth Guest

    "hongky" <> wrote in message news:<bm2frj$2qic$-clausthal.de>...
    > "pthread_delay_np" function can make a thread sleep, but it is a function in
    > Unix
    > and not POSIX, so i did not compile my code...what to do for me??
    > i just want to make a sleep for the thread,
    > RedHat Linux thread lib has not pthread_delay_np function, how to do? thx.

    Try comp.programming.threads instead.
    They talk about posix threads there.
    emerth, Oct 9, 2003