    Any ideas?

    TIA,

    Larry Woods
    Larry Woods, Jul 1, 2004

  2. "Larry Woods" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell phone.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Most carriers handle this through email - simply send an email to the
    phone's email address. Consult with the carrier's web site for more
    detailed instructions. AT&T Wireless for example:
    http://www.attwireless.com/personal/features/communication/howtotextmessage.jhtml

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jul 1, 2004

  3. Larry Woods

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 08:52:49 -0700, "Larry Woods"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell phone.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Talk to the cell company. In our case it's just an email to a special
    address that goes out via text messaging.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jul 1, 2004
  4. Larry Woods

    Evertjan. Guest

    Tom Kaminski [MVP] wrote on 01 jul 2004 in
    > "Larry Woods" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell
    >> phone.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > Most carriers handle this through email - simply send an email to the
    > phone's email address. Consult with the carrier's web site for more
    > detailed instructions. AT&T Wireless for example:
    > http://www.attwireless.com/personal/features/communication/howtotextmes
    > sage.jhtml

    Your story could be true in the States.

    However in general it is not.

    What I mean is, if using an international NG, do not assume the groupers to
    know that you are talking about stateside solutions, if you don's even put
    your country in your signature.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jul 1, 2004
  5. Larry Woods

    caulker Guest

    pretty simple... but you have to know the mobile carrier...

    <phoneNumber>@<domain>

    Verizon = vtext.com
    ATT = mobile.att.net
    Sprint = message.sprintpcs.com
    Nextel = message.nextel.com
    T-Mobile = tmomail.net
    cingular = mobile.mycingular.net
    AllTel = message.alltel.com

    i.e.

    caulker, Jul 1, 2004
  6. Larry Woods

    Jonathan Guest

    Hi,

    >I have a situation where I need to send a text message to a cell phone.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    In many cases you can send a text message to a cell phone using an email address
    there are a number of addresses for various carriers at -
    http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm this however is not the most reliable way to
    text message (and not all carriers support SMTP to phone). If you are looking
    for an alternative you may want to consider using software. There is evaluation
    software that will send text messages various ways at
    http://www.notepage.net/software.htm

    Good luck

    Jonathan
    Jonathan, Jul 5, 2004