Anyone know of a good C# book?

Alan Silver

Hello,

Thanks to some wonderful advice form this group, I am actually getting a
little bit good at this ASP.NET thing!! I have created pages that could
even be useful!!

Anyway, one place where I am struggling is that the book I'm using
(ASP.NET Unleashed by Stephen Walther, good in almost every other
respect) doesn't have any kind of reference for the C# language. I keep
getting stuck in cases where I know what I want to do, but don't know
how to do it.

So, any suggestions? I should point out that I have been programming for
over 20 years, I'm not a beginner, so I don't need a dummy's book. Just
a clear reference book with plenty of examples would be fine. There are
so many books around that it's hard to know what's good and what's not
;-)

TIA

drhowarddrfinedrhoward

The best book I've found so far is Beginner's C# by Herb Schilde. Very
thorough and easy to read.

Smithers

I did a lot of research on this topic... my vote is for "C# and the .NET
Platform" by Andrew Troelsen (A! Press).

Alan Silver

Hello,

(replying to my own post so as not so show favouritism)

Thanx to everyone who answered here. I am a bit spoilt for choice, but
you have given me something to go on. Between that lot I should sort
myself out.