    It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.

    Thanks!

    Arne
    Arne Styve, May 3, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Here are some UML plugins for Eclipse :

    http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclipse/plugins.jsp?category=UML

    Regards,

    Arnaud

    "Arne Styve" <> a écrit dans le message news:
    d57ncq$7sk$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling

    that

    Arnaud Berger, May 3, 2005

  3. Arne Styve

    Arne Styve Guest

    Hi Arnaud,

    Thanks for your tip, but I know about this list.

    The problem with that list is that tools that claim to be free, turns out to
    be a free trail, or a very limited version of the tool. Hence my question
    still stands.

    Thanks anyway.

    Regards
    Arne

    Arne Styve, May 4, 2005
  4. Arne Styve

    Wayne Guest

    Arne Styve wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling that
    > supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
    > suggestions ?
    >
    > It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Arne

    Try ArgoUML: http://argouml.tigris.org/

    -Wayne
    Wayne, May 5, 2005
  5. Arne Styve

    Arne Styve Guest

    Hi Wayne,

    Thanks for your tip.

    Absolutely a tool to consider for lectures.

    However, might look a littlebit too lightweigth at the first glance...

    Thanks again !

    Regards
    Arne Styve

    Arne Styve, May 6, 2005
  6. Arne Styve

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Arne Styve" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to find a good (and preferrably free) tool for UML-modelling

    that
    > supports roundtrip engineering in Java, and that supports 1.5. Any
    > suggestions ?
    >
    > It would be nice if the tool is a plug-in to Eclipse and/or NetBeans.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Try these 2 free versions:
    ArgoUML
    and
    Poseidon
    Between the 2 you can have 2-way conversion - java to UML and UML to Java
    Hal Rosser, May 8, 2005
  7. Arne Styve

    Arne Styve Guest

    Thanks Hal,

    Have looked at Poseidon, and the free version does not support Java to UML,
    only UML to Java. (unless I've missed out on something ?)

    Regards
    Arne

    Arne Styve, May 10, 2005
  8. Arne Styve

    Hal Rosser Guest

    Look at my post again -
    My suggestion was Poseidon AND ArgoUML (free versions)
    Poseidon does UML to Java (not both)
    and
    ArgoUML does Java to UML (not both)
    between the 2 of them you've got both