    Any suggestions?

    thanks,

    Don

    Don, May 25, 2007

  2. Don wrote:
    > I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
    > spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer command
    > line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased products.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Assuming you're only interested in user visible strings (not comments,
    variable names aso) you can easily use the tools intendend to support i18n.
    Some of them make use of a spell checker. I'm using poedit, kbabel should
    also offer such a feature.

    Mathias

    Mathias Waack, May 25, 2007

  3. Don

    Deniz Dogan Guest

    Don wrote:
    > I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
    > spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer command
    > line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased products.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Don

    Doesn't the ispell function in EMACS do this? I believed it worked just
    fine when I was programming Ruby, and I would assume it would work for
    other programming languages as well.

    Deniz Dogan, May 25, 2007
  4. Don

    Don Guest

    Mathias Waack <> wrote in

    > Don wrote:
    >> I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
    >> spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer
    >> command line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider
    >> purchased products.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    > Assuming you're only interested in user visible strings (not comments,
    > variable names aso) you can easily use the tools intendend to support
    > i18n. Some of them make use of a spell checker. I'm using poedit,
    > kbabel should also offer such a feature.
    >
    > Mathias

    Actually, I am looking for a tool that spell checks comments as well. Back
    in the day when I worked for AT&T/Lucent, we had a tool called cspell that
    did this. Can not find it, or a similar one anywhere.

    -Don

    Don, May 25, 2007
  5. Don

    Don Guest

    Don <> wrote in

    > I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
    > spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer
    > command line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased
    > products.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Don

    I should have been more clear. Only want to spell check commented code and
    strings generated on printfs, syslogs, etc.

    -Dom

    Don, May 25, 2007
  6. Don

    Deniz Dogan Guest

    Don wrote:
    > Don <> wrote in
    >
    >> I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
    >> spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer
    >> command line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased
    >> products.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> Don

    > I should have been more clear. Only want to spell check commented code and
    > strings generated on printfs, syslogs, etc.
    >
    > -Dom

    And you are certain that EMACS can not do this?

    --
    Deniz Dogan

    Deniz Dogan, May 25, 2007
  7. Don

    Ron Natalie Guest

    Don wrote:
    > I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
    > spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer command
    > line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased products.

    If you're using Visual Studio, you can't do better than Whole Tomato
    Software's Visual Assist. This thing is well worth the nominal
    licensing fee.

    Ron Natalie, May 26, 2007