Anyone know of C++ source code spell checker?

Don

I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer command
line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased products.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Don

Mathias Waack

Don said:
I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer command
line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased products.

Any suggestions?

Assuming you're only interested in user visible strings (not comments,
variable names aso) you can easily use the tools intendend to support i18n.
Some of them make use of a spell checker. I'm using poedit, kbabel should
also offer such a feature.

Mathias

Deniz Dogan

Don said:
I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer command
line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased products.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Don

Doesn't the ispell function in EMACS do this? I believed it worked just
fine when I was programming Ruby, and I would assume it would work for
other programming languages as well.

Don

Assuming you're only interested in user visible strings (not comments,
variable names aso) you can easily use the tools intendend to support
i18n. Some of them make use of a spell checker. I'm using poedit,
kbabel should also offer such a feature.

Mathias

Actually, I am looking for a tool that spell checks comments as well. Back
in the day when I worked for AT&T/Lucent, we had a tool called cspell that
did this. Can not find it, or a similar one anywhere.

-Don

Don

I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer
command line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased
products.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

Don

I should have been more clear. Only want to spell check commented code and
strings generated on printfs, syslogs, etc.

-Dom

Deniz Dogan

Don said:
I should have been more clear. Only want to spell check commented code and
strings generated on printfs, syslogs, etc.

-Dom

And you are certain that EMACS can not do this?

Ron Natalie

Don said:
I am looking for a C/C++ code spell checker, a tool that checks for
spelling errors in C++ source code. Linux/Unix platforms. Prefer command
line tool. Open source preferred, but will consider purchased products.

If you're using Visual Studio, you can't do better than Whole Tomato
Software's Visual Assist. This thing is well worth the nominal
licensing fee.