Anyone know of multi-threaded component in ASP?

Larry Woods

Looking for an example of a multi-threaded component that is being used in
ASP.

Anyone???

TIA,

Larry Woods

Larry Woods

I want to start multiple web searchs via XMLHTTP. If I do it sequencially
it take too long.

Larry

Larry Woods

I'll followup with the article. XMLHTTP will have to run on the server
since I am consolidating the info into one page that will be served.

Larry

Chris Barber

In that case you should use ServerXMLHTTP component since its thread safe
(the standard on isn't) but in asyn mode you should still be able to do
something with it (even if you have to wrap it in a wrapper DLL).

Chris.

Larry Woods

Yes, it looks like I'll have to set up a dll. I tried using an ASP script
but can't use event function. No way to wait for the completion.

Any "best" suggestion on how I can "post" back to the ASP script from the
dll when it has finished? According to VBScript doc GetRef is defined for
DHTML objects only. I did some prelim tests and it IS recognized within an
ASP script so I assume that I could use it for back referencing.

??????

Larry

Chris Barber

You may have to query the DLL for its status regularly to find out if it has
completed since ASp doesn't allow events form components (it's predominantly
intended for inline script).

You'd probably be better off with a client side page that periodically
refreshes running the relevant ASP to see if the DLL has completed a task or
not.

Chris.