    Anyone???

    TIA,

    Larry Woods
    Larry Woods, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Larry Woods

    Larry Woods Guest

    I want to start multiple web searchs via XMLHTTP. If I do it sequencially
    it take too long.

    Larry
    "Chris Barber" <> wrote in message
    > For what purpose - testing multiple-threads?
    >
    > Chris.
    >
    > "Larry Woods" <> wrote in message
    > > Looking for an example of a multi-threaded component that is being used

    in

    Larry Woods, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Larry Woods

    Larry Woods Guest

    I'll followup with the article. XMLHTTP will have to run on the server
    since I am consolidating the info into one page that will be served.

    > Just create multipe asynchronous XMLHTTP objects (from a client side

    browser

    http://archive.devx.com/upload/free/features/xml/2000/02spr00/apspr00/apspr00-3.asp

    Larry Woods, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Larry Woods

    Chris Barber Guest

    In that case you should use ServerXMLHTTP component since its thread safe
    (the standard on isn't) but in asyn mode you should still be able to do
    something with it (even if you have to wrap it in a wrapper DLL).

    Chris Barber, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Larry Woods

    Larry Woods Guest

    Yes, it looks like I'll have to set up a dll. I tried using an ASP script
    but can't use event function. No way to wait for the completion.

    Any "best" suggestion on how I can "post" back to the ASP script from the
    dll when it has finished? According to VBScript doc GetRef is defined for
    DHTML objects only. I did some prelim tests and it IS recognized within an
    ASP script so I assume that I could use it for back referencing.

    ??????

    Larry Woods, Jul 15, 2003
  6. Larry Woods

    Chris Barber Guest

    You may have to query the DLL for its status regularly to find out if it has
    completed since ASp doesn't allow events form components (it's predominantly
    intended for inline script).

    You'd probably be better off with a client side page that periodically
    refreshes running the relevant ASP to see if the DLL has completed a task or
    not.

    Chris Barber, Jul 15, 2003