Anyone looking for Ruby Developer position?

Roman Lee

Hello to all of the Ruby Programmers in the Chicagoland Area. I am
looking for a Senior Ruby Developer on the Rails Framework. If your the
type who eats Ruby-Os for breakfast this position is for you. Or if your
the type who wants to bring the world of coding ninjas together by
writing eloquent Ruby web applications, than this is definitely the
position for you. Are you ready to work in an envrionment that promotes
your creativity and yearning to be all that Ruby will let you be? This
position is with a client of ours that is in the consumer lending
industry. They genuinely have a great respect for their development
associates and find that they are the most productive individuals. If
you know you have what it takes than please feel free to contact me
regarding this position. My email address is (e-mail address removed). Please
feel free to attach a resume or just ask questions and I will be happy
to answer them. The following is a short job description:

Essential Functions
* We subscribe to a notion that great programmers are 300 times more
productive then average programmers. We are looking for a top- quality
hacker: an expert programmer with good design sense and desire to get
things accomplished. If you bored of just a job, this may be the place
for you.

* Candidate will be part of a team of developers building complex web
based applications
* He or she will be involved in architectural decisions and be
responsible for implementing parts of the system
* It will be important for the candidate to be able to take on a project
independently and ensure its success

Qualifications

* The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ruby as well as proficient with
Ruby on Rails
* Experience in JavaScript and CSS is desirable as well as AJAX
* A deep understanding of relational databases and SQL is a must
* Experience with MySQL, PostgreSql is a big plus
* Experience with Linux/Unix is a must
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant experienc

William Grosso

Roman said:
* We subscribe to a notion that great programmers are 300 times more
productive then average programmers.

But will you pay them 10 times as much as an average programmer? If so,
I'm interested (and you'll get a 30-fold savings).

Bill

Giles Bowkett

* We subscribe to a notion that great programmers are 300 times more
But will you pay them 10 times as much as an average programmer? If so,
I'm interested (and you'll get a 30-fold savings).

They should, but they won't.

By the way, this is the strongest argument in favor of the idea that
some kind of boom is underway (or on its way back). When you see
recruiters using the word "ninjas," that almost feels nostalgic.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Giles said:
They should, but they won't.

By the way, this is the strongest argument in favor of the idea that
some kind of boom is underway (or on its way back). When you see
recruiters using the word "ninjas," that almost feels nostalgic.
More like a bubble than a boom, unfortunately. :(