    connect via parallel instead the USB....
    So did anyone have success? I only get suckess!! :))
    tryed giveio.sys but it doesn't wort (can't figure out what is it)

    alejandro, Apr 7, 2009

  2. > I have a switch that I should connect to the parallel port, but had no luck
    > with it. Tha guy that made it for me told me that it would be easyer to
    > connect via parallel instead the USB....
    > So did anyone have success? I only get suckess!! :))
    > tryed giveio.sys but it doesn't wort (can't figure out what is it)

    Have you tried http://pyserial.wiki.sourceforge.net/pyParallel ?

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    Daniel Fetchinson, Apr 7, 2009

  3. alejandro

    alejandro Guest

    I have a PC at work and at home. I wanted to write the errors it throws out
    when i try to use the module but now it work on this PC(the one at work). I
    don't get it?!?! I tryed so many things and now I can't remember what I have
    done :))) This is worse than before!
    I will post the errors when i get home.
    Thanks for the reply!

    alejandro, Apr 7, 2009
  4. alejandro

    alejandro Guest

    alejandro, Apr 7, 2009
  5. alejandro

    alejandro Guest

    Now it doesn't throw exceptions but it doesn't work. I tryed to connect a
    LED light to the port and it wan't glow. Do you know a way to check if the
    port work?

    alejandro, Apr 8, 2009
  6. On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 08:39:29 +0200, "alejandro"
    <> declaimed the following in
    gmane.comp.python.general:

    > I have a switch that I should connect to the parallel port, but had no luck
    > with it. Tha guy that made it for me told me that it would be easyer to
    > connect via parallel instead the USB....
    > So did anyone have success? I only get suckess!! :))
    > tryed giveio.sys but it doesn't wort (can't figure out what is it)

    Parallel port I/O is not easy -- there is a whole book on the
    subject covering the differences in various controller chips, addresses
    at which the port may appear, etc.

    Hmm, couple of books, actually...
    http://www.amazon.com/Parallel-Port...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239172439&sr=8-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Programming-P...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239172439&sr=8-3

    Note that if you are just sending a byte of data to the port, you
    will likely only see a momentary blip as the data line triggers.

    Many years ago, I had to code (in Visual C++) a program that would
    use six of the 8 data pins as three pseudo RS-422 balanced signals, all
    clocked out in response to an external clock I had to detect on the
    input signal pins of the port.
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG

    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/