ANYONE ??? --> Position horizontal menu items in header?

Syl

Hi Group - trying my question again. :)

I'dl like to use CSS to replicate the top navigation like this :
http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/

Currently - this nav menu everything is in a table, and using
JavaScript rollovers
that reference two images.
One for the non-hover and one for the transparent hover.

More important than the transparency, is the positioning of the "box"
to overlap the main image in the header.

Any ideas ? I have already converted (almost) everything to CSS -
http://checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/1one.html
http://checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/one.css
Obvioulsy I just need to add the top level navigation.

Not sure why the main content body is different in IE versus
Mozilla/Netscape. :-(

THANKS!!!!

William Tasso

Fleeing from the madness of the http://groups.google.com jungle
Syl <[email protected]> stumbled into
and said:
Hi Group - trying my question again. :)

Hello, when did you previously ask?

What happened last time? Perhaps you could have referenced the previous
message/thread?
I'dl like to use CSS to replicate the top navigation like this :
http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/

What specifically is stopping you doing that?

One

Hello, when did you previously ask?
What happened last time? Perhaps you could have referenced the previous
message/thread?

Sorry - it was the same mesage pretty much - I posted last week and got
no repsonse. :-(
What specifically is stopping you doing that?

Specifically -

I do not know how to position the menu item elements to :
a) wrap the text within a fixed width <li>
b) why the results for the positioning is different between Fireforx,
Netscape and IE.
c:) keep the text within the white portion, above the top of the green
header

http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/1one.html
http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/one.css

Also - is there such a thing as "50% transparecy" when hovering ?
THANKS!