ANYONE ??? --> Position horizontal menu items in header?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Syl, Nov 16, 2006.

  1. Syl

    Syl Guest

    Hi Group - trying my question again. :)

    I'dl like to use CSS to replicate the top navigation like this :
    http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/

    Currently - this nav menu everything is in a table, and using
    JavaScript rollovers
    that reference two images.
    One for the non-hover and one for the transparent hover.

    More important than the transparency, is the positioning of the "box"
    to overlap the main image in the header.

    Any ideas ? I have already converted (almost) everything to CSS -
    http://checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/1one.html
    http://checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/one.css
    Obvioulsy I just need to add the top level navigation.

    Not sure why the main content body is different in IE versus
    Mozilla/Netscape. :-(

    THANKS!!!!
    Syl, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Fleeing from the madness of the http://groups.google.com jungle
    Syl <> stumbled into
    and said:

    > Hi Group - trying my question again. :)

    Hello, when did you previously ask?

    What happened last time? Perhaps you could have referenced the previous
    message/thread?

    > I'dl like to use CSS to replicate the top navigation like this :
    > http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/

    What specifically is stopping you doing that?

    --
    William Tasso

    http://williamtasso.com/words/what-is-usenet.asp
    William Tasso, Nov 16, 2006

  3. Syl

    Jim Moe Guest

    Syl wrote:

    > I'dl like to use CSS to replicate the top navigation like this :
    > http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/

    See <http://css.maxdesign.com.au/>

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Nov 16, 2006
  4. Syl

    One Guest

    Re: ANYONE ??? --> Position horizontal menu items in header?

    > Hello, when did you previously ask?
    >
    > What happened last time? Perhaps you could have referenced the previous
    > message/thread?

    Sorry - it was the same mesage pretty much - I posted last week and got
    no repsonse. :-(

    > > I'dl like to use CSS to replicate the top navigation like this :
    > > http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/

    > What specifically is stopping you doing that?

    Specifically -

    I do not know how to position the menu item elements to :
    a) wrap the text within a fixed width <li>
    b) why the results for the positioning is different between Fireforx,
    Netscape and IE.
    c:) keep the text within the white portion, above the top of the green
    header

    http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/1one.html
    http://www.checkeredshirt.com/jo-menu/one.css

    Also - is there such a thing as "50% transparecy" when hovering ?
    THANKS!
    One, Nov 16, 2006