    I gave it a try. The program hangs up. Any one had luck to get this
    working on windows?
    Harris M.
    harris, Nov 17, 2004

  2. harris

    harris Guest

    (harris) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    > Anyone tried to install and run http-proxy module on windows 2000 or
    > win-xp?
    >
    > I gave it a try. The program hangs up. Any one had luck to get this
    > working on windows?
    > Harris M.

    if any one interested, i found the problem. It is a call "fork" used
    in the implementation of this module. On windows "fork" is implemented
    with warning message "experimental". this module fails (hangs up) on
    "fork" call.
    harris, Nov 28, 2004

  3. harris

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth (harris):
    > (harris) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Hello,
    > > Anyone tried to install and run http-proxy module on windows 2000 or
    > > win-xp?
    > >
    > > I gave it a try. The program hangs up. Any one had luck to get this
    > > working on windows?
    > > Harris M.

    > if any one interested, i found the problem. It is a call "fork" used
    > in the implementation of this module. On windows "fork" is implemented
    > with warning message "experimental". this module fails (hangs up) on
    > "fork" call.

    Upgrade your perl, and if necessary your windows. I have had success
    with fork emulation with 5.8 and WinXP.

    Ben

    --
    Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave ... During
    one lunar year, I have been declared invisible; I shrieked and was not heard,
    Ben Morrow, Nov 30, 2004