Anyone unable to display this page?

Marshall Dudley

I have a customer that is unable to display the page at:

http://www.cataris.com/cgi-bin/cart...t&cart_id=8421764.39759&checkout_button.x=yes

Using either IE or Netscape. I and everyone I have had test it can
display it fine. If I can find anyone else who cannot display that
page, I need to find out what their configuration is so maybe I can
determine what the common element is. I am suspecting some tsr, such as
a popup eliminator. The odd thing is that if I trim some of the lines
from the middle of that page out, he is able to load it fine, but the
lines trimmed out are identical to the lines above it which are left in.

Thanks,

Marshall

SpaceGirl

Marshall said:
I have a customer that is unable to display the page at:

http://www.cataris.com/cgi-bin/cart...t&cart_id=8421764.39759&checkout_button.x=yes

Using either IE or Netscape. I and everyone I have had test it can
display it fine. If I can find anyone else who cannot display that
page, I need to find out what their configuration is so maybe I can
determine what the common element is. I am suspecting some tsr, such as
a popup eliminator. The odd thing is that if I trim some of the lines
from the middle of that page out, he is able to load it fine, but the
lines trimmed out are identical to the lines above it which are left in.

Thanks,

Marshall

TSR lol? I think you're about 10 years out of time... TSRs haven't
existed since DOS :mad:)

Te page loaded fine for me (tested in IE6 and FireFox) - however the
HTML doesn't validate. The errors that it trips up on through shouldn't
cause a no-load.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Philip Ronan

I have a customer that is unable to display the page at:

http://www.cataris.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=newstore&product=test&cart_id=84
21764.39759&checkout_button.x=yes

Using either IE or Netscape. I and everyone I have had test it can
display it fine. If I can find anyone else who cannot display that
page, I need to find out what their configuration is so maybe I can
determine what the common element is. I am suspecting some tsr, such as
a popup eliminator. The odd thing is that if I trim some of the lines
from the middle of that page out, he is able to load it fine, but the
lines trimmed out are identical to the lines above it which are left in.

Thanks,

Marshall

The HTML more-or-less validates. I think you're getting problems because
it's simply overloading the browser.

For example, what on earth is this doing:

And why is that giant table stuck between those <FORM> .. </FORM> tags even
though it contains no input elements?

I'm sure this problem will go away if you tidy up your HTML and organize it
a bit better.

And while you're at it, try inserting a valid DOCTYPE:
http://webdesign.about.com/cs/doctype/a/aaquirksmode.htm

Phil