anyone upload code to load balanced servers?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by HK, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. HK

    HK Guest

    I'm wanting to get rid of a hardware load balancer and just use the Windows
    2003 software load balancing with 2003 Server Web Edition.

    I'm wondering if anyone here uploads ASP.NET code to 2 or more servers that
    are load balanced by Windows Server Network Load Balancing (software load
    balancing on Windows 2003). If so, or if you're sure of the answer anyway
    for windows-based load balancing, here's the questions:

    Can you do just one upload that updates code on all the web servers at once?
    Do you just specify the NLB IP address?

    Can you choose to upload code to just one server first, make sure it doesn't
    cause major problems, and then update the other servers one-by-one? Do you
    just specify each machine's non-load-balanced IP address?

    If you manage the NLB software side of things, do you find it easy and
    reliable?

    HK, Feb 28, 2006