Anyone using SPE editor on Ubuntu?

Discussion in 'Python' started by SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I'm playing around with the latest (soon to be released) SPE on Ubuntu.
    This probably will increase the quality of SPE on Ubuntu and Linux/GTK
    in general. I already made some patches, but I would like to get in
    contact with SPE users on Ubuntu. The version of SPE which is now
    available on Ubuntu now is quite deprecated.

    I adapted SPE such that it can ran out of the box of an archive (zip or
    tar.gz). This has the advantage that Linux (but also Mac and Windows)
    don't have to install SPE anymore, although that option will remain.
    So if you want quickly to see what SPE is all about, you can just run
    it out of a folder or USB stick, provided the right version of wxPython
    (2.6) is installed on the system, which is always the case with Ubuntu
    boxes.

    So if you (want to) use SPE on Ubuntu, please contact me.

    Thanks,
    Stani
    --
    http://pythonide.stani.be
    http://pythonide.stani.be/screenshots
    SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Jan 5, 2006

  2. SPE - Stani's Python Editor

    Birdman Guest

    I use SPE and my editor on my primary OS and I'd be very interested in
    using SPE with Ubuntu.
    Birdman, Jan 5, 2006

  3. So is Ubuntu your primary OS? Please email me privately at
    pythonide.stani.be_gmail.com

    News about new release you can follow here:
    http://pythonide.stani.be/blog
    SPE - Stani's Python Editor, Jan 5, 2006