Anyone using Vista with VS2005 SP1 or 2003?

VB Programmer

Just wondering if anyone is using Vista with Visual Studio.net 2005 SP1.
Are you have any issues? Any advice or does it run fine? I'm thinking of
installing Vista on my development machine...

Also, how about VS.NET 2003 and Vista?

Thanks...

Mark Rae

Just wondering if anyone is using Vista with Visual Studio.net 2005 SP1.

I'm not risking it until the fabled "patch" is released, probably towards
the end of next month...
Also, how about VS.NET 2003 and Vista?

Visual Studio.NET 2005 + SP1 + "the patch" will be the earliest version of
Visual Studio.NET to be officially supported by Microsoft for running on any
version of Vista, so draw your own conclusions...

Mark Rae

Thanks - I'll take a look.
They aren't so "beta" since it doesn't mean it would be beta quality, only
that it doesn't contain all fixes (all those it contains are already 100%
tested).

OK. I have a VirtualPC guest running Vista Business for evaluation purposes,
so I'll install the patch on that and see what happens.

I'm not in any great hurry to move to Vista, though...

Andrew Robinson

VS2003 is not and will not be supported under Vista. Not sure what will or
won't work or if it will even install, but your best bet with VS2003 is to
run it under VPC.

I am running VS2005 under Vista without issue.

Guest

VS 2005 ran fine on Vista from day 1 for me, even before I installed the
patch. VS 2003 I understand can be installed, but some issues may arise.
Peter