Anyone using webhost4life or .discountasp.net hosting???

Cirene

I currently am using webhost4life.com for my asp.net websites. But, for
some reason my website is totally down and I can't get someone to talk too.
I've been on hold for 2 hours (disconnected 4 times). Any ideas?

Also, anyone use www.discountasp.net hosting? What's your impression?

Thanks!

Fao, Sean

Cirene said:
I currently am using webhost4life.com for my asp.net websites. But, for
some reason my website is totally down and I can't get someone to talk too.
I've been on hold for 2 hours (disconnected 4 times). Any ideas?

Also, anyone use www.discountasp.net hosting? What's your impression?

I'll be completely honest, you get what you pay for.
webhosting4life.com is cheap and you get crappy service and crappy
support. If this is a mission critical web site, I'd highly recommend
making the switch to a dedicated host.

Hope that helps,

Cirene

Anyone you recommend who is affordable?

Cirene said:
Anyone you recommend who is affordable?

Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody. I'm actually in the same boat
as you and I'm very much interested in finding a better host.

Sorry I couldn't help more,

Fao, Sean

DNB said:
Try godday.com.

Oh, please don't. I've heard nothing but horror stories from people
that have used them. For example, shutting down a website without
warning because it was using more resources than GoDaddy allowed. That
kind of service is completely unacceptable for anybody that is trying to
run a business, even if it's a small one.

Mark Rae [MVP]

Oh, please don't. I've heard nothing but horror stories from people that
have used them. For example, shutting down a website without warning
because it was using more resources than GoDaddy allowed. That kind of
service is completely unacceptable for anybody that is trying to run a
business, even if it's a small one.

I concur - stay well away from GoDaddy...

Scott Roberts

We are currently using DotNetPark (http://www.dotnetpark.com). They aren't
exactly cutting edge (they lag in installing AJAX, SQL Server 2005, new
frameworks, etc.). I don't use phone support, but emails are generally
answered within 24 hours. Our site is never just "down", but I'm frequently
unimpressed with the quality of their "answers". It's like they get it to
work but don't want to tell me what the problem was or how they fixed it. I
like to know those things.

Anyway, we're looking at discountasp.net as well and would love to hear from
anyone who has used them.

Tom Libby

I have been happy with www.ixwebhosting.com they have 24/7 tech support,
live chat. No problems so far, and have been with them for over a year.
They are a little slow with upgrades, .Net 2.0 and SQL 2005 was availble
around Sep/Oct.

Cirene

I've had not too many issues with webhost4life during 3 years. But today
their response was terrible (my website was totally down). I stayed on hold
for a total of 2.5 hrs and NEVER got to speak to anyone. In fact it
disconnected me 5 times. Their Live Chat sucked as well. Their online
forum was very slow in responding with no fixes. I ended up fixing the
issue myself. :(

brians[MCSD]

Hello Cirene - I've used discountasp.net for some of my sites and have had
pretty good luck with them. They're inexpensive and seem to deliver solid
performance. They're focused on the Microsoft platform and bring new
versions/features onboard in a relatively timely, safe manner. I've had a
couple of hiccups with them but they seem pretty responsive to email. I
haven't needed to use the phone. They had a DoS attack last June - read more
at http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dos+attack+discountasp.net. They are
a $10/month which seems like a reasonable value. It all depends on what you
(or your customer needs).

Mark Rae [MVP]

They are a little slow with upgrades, .Net 2.0 and SQL 2005 was available
around Sep/Oct.

You can't be serious... are you actually saying that they finally got round
to supporting .NET 2 a couple of months ago, nearly two years after it was
launched...?

Mark Fitzpatrick

I've also had excellent luck with CrystalTech for the last two years. I'm
currently hosting a couple different sites there and recommended them to
friends and clients who are happily using them as well. Good response time
and excellent price.

Braulio Diez

I use discountasp.net and it's ok, you get web server and sql server
instances, and performs ok.

It's not the cheapest one (about 20 $ ASP .net + SQL Server DB) but it works
(if you need a better service you can hire a virtual server).

Good luck
Braulio

/// ------------------------------
/// Braulio Diez
///
/// http://www.tipsdotnet.com
/// ------------------------------

AG

I have been using http://www.infosaic.com for several years for shared
hosting as well as a dedicated box. While no one is perfect, their support
has been far better than others I have dealt with. They even include SQL
2005 Express with their basic plan and support .NET 3.0, DotNetNuke, etc.
They are also very flexible with special requests.

Eric

Full Disclosure: I work for DiscountASP.NET. Since this post mentioned the DDoS attack in June 2007, I just wanted to let everyone know that we posted what happenned and what we did about it in our Community Forum at: http://community.discountasp.net/default.aspx?f=31&m=18216

In short, we deployed and continue to use the Prolexic DDoS Mitigation service which is an Enterprise class DDoS solution used by Fortune 500 companies, major news sites, huge ISPs and the like. I do not know of any host of like size that has made that kind of investment into their security infrastructure. Our hosting platform is much more protected than it has ever been.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com