Anyone want to bet that C++ won't be 10 times less significant in 5 years than it is today?

Jo

Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language? The only reason
I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth in terms of
paychecks. (I'm totally serious).

Nick Keighley

Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language?

what's a "good language"?
The only reason
I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth in terms of
paychecks. (I'm totally serious).

if you don't like it use something else

jacob navia

Le 20/11/11 05:47, Jo a écrit :
Why is progress so slow on making C++ a "good" language? The only reason
I can fathom is that people are milking it for all it's worth in terms of
paychecks. (I'm totally serious).
Yes, paychecks are BAD BAD.

I would suggest you start by eliminating yours.

:)

Jo

Nick said:
what's a "good language"?
Don't beg me to slap you in the face. Cuz I might hire someone to do
that. :p
if you don't like it use something else

It does seem to be my personal problem. That is first thing you have ever
said that makes any sense. Touche. Read: don't let it blow up your head,
bitch.

Jo

jacob said:
Le 20/11/11 05:47, Jo a écrit :
Yes, paychecks are BAD BAD.

I would suggest you start by eliminating yours.

:)

I would inform that you already that. So now what? I seem to find the
wherewithall to just be here and say... huh. Now my problem starts? Cast
me out? Isn't that what you do? BAN people? That wasn't a question,
bitch. I can't fathom why you are all so bad. Ain't it nice for me, that
when all hope was lost, someone invented the internet. I dunno. Before
then I was afraid of weather. I am hoping I don't have to challenge
tornoados again. I'm so lucky.

Jo

Andy said:
The C++ of today could not have been compiled in reasonable time in a
machine of 10 years ago. I would not be surprised if the same could
be said in another 10 years.

I shouldn't post tonight.... I'm much better angry than "tearful" (for
the "lame", it means 'crying'). So don't **** with me. Because you can't
handle the truth.