    link to it would be welcome.
    --
    buck
    buck, Feb 16, 2010

  2. On 16/02/2010 20:20, buck wrote:
    > I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
    > http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
    > ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
    > while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
    > control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
    > be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want.

    Sounds like what ESR characterizes as an open-ended time-sink.

    > I am not capable of doing that.

    Have you considered expanding your capabilities?

    > If anyone is willing to comment and/or modify the code, it can be
    > downloaded from ftp://andthatsjazz.org/pub/meta-greylist and uploaded to
    > ftp://andthatsjazz.org/incoming.
    >
    > Alternatively, if anyone knows of an existing script that is better, a
    > link to it would be welcome.

    You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
    for you. I assume zero.

    I sense that you need to research a bit more about what motivates people
    to dedicate time and effort to a project for free. I don't feel you're
    hitting the right buttons.

    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit
    http://catb.org/~esr/writings/
    RedGrittyBrick, Feb 17, 2010

  3. On 2010-02-16 20:20, buck <> wrote:
    > I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
    > http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
    > ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
    > while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
    > control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
    > be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want. I am
    > not capable of doing that.

    I would assume that Christian is willing to adapt the script to your
    needs at his usual hourly rate. You can find his company at
    http://www.coretec.at/.

    hp
    Peter J. Holzer, Feb 17, 2010
  4. buck

    buck Guest

    RedGrittyBrick <> wrote in news:4b7bc811
    $0$2525$:

    > You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
    > for you. I assume zero.

    You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer because I
    expect someone to read the comments in the file and suggest to me the
    amount of time and a rate. That's the kind of person I want to deal
    with.
    --
    buck
    buck, Feb 17, 2010
  5. buck

    buck Guest

    "Peter J. Holzer" <> wrote in

    > I would assume that Christian is willing to adapt the script to your
    > needs at his usual hourly rate. You can find his company at
    > http://www.coretec.at/.
    >
    > hp

    Assuming makes you an ass. Had you bothered to navigate to Mock's web
    site, you might have another thought - if you are capable of thought.
    --
    buck
    buck, Feb 17, 2010
  6. buck

    Uri Guttman Guest

    b> RedGrittyBrick <> wrote in news:4b7bc811
    b> $0$2525$:

    >> You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
    >> for you. I assume zero.

    b> You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer because I
    b> expect someone to read the comments in the file and suggest to me the
    b> amount of time and a rate. That's the kind of person I want to deal
    b> with.

    then you are in the wrong place. the guidelines here say no jobs
    posting. go to jobs.perl.org if you want to hire a perl hacker. your
    original post didn't specify if you wanted to pay or get free work. that
    was a no-no too.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Feb 17, 2010
  7. buck

    Uri Guttman Guest

    b> "Peter J. Holzer" <> wrote in
    b> news::

    >> I would assume that Christian is willing to adapt the script to your
    >> needs at his usual hourly rate. You can find his company at
    >> http://www.coretec.at/.
    >>
    >> hp

    b> Assuming makes you an ass. Had you bothered to navigate to Mock's web
    b> site, you might have another thought - if you are capable of thought.

    oh, calling someone an ass in public makes you an ass! how do you like
    them apples? you made the first mistake by posting a job here. the
    second mistake was not even claiming you would pay for it. now you
    compound it with an immediate asshat move. a triple play! now please go
    away and hire someone. but not here.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Feb 17, 2010
  8. buck

    buck Guest

    "Uri Guttman" <> wrote in

    > b> You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer
    > because I b> expect someone to read the comments in the file and
    > suggest to me the b> amount of time and a rate. That's the kind

    of
    > person I want to deal b> with.
    >
    > then you are in the wrong place. the guidelines here say no jobs
    > posting. go to jobs.perl.org if you want to hire a perl hacker. your
    > original post didn't specify if you wanted to pay or get free work.
    > that was a no-no too.
    >
    > uri

    Thanks for the tip. I did read the rules and didn't see that. I
    apologize.
    --
    buck
    buck, Feb 18, 2010
  9. buck

    buck Guest

    "Uri Guttman" <> wrote in

    > b> "Peter J. Holzer" <> wrote in
    > b> news::
    >
    > >> I would assume that Christian is willing to adapt the script to
    > >> your needs at his usual hourly rate. You can find his company at
    > >> http://www.coretec.at/.
    > >>
    > >> hp

    > b> Assuming makes you an ass. Had you bothered to navigate to
    > Mock's web b> site, you might have another thought - if you are
    > capable of thought.
    >
    > oh, calling someone an ass in public makes you an ass! how do you

    like
    > them apples? you made the first mistake by posting a job here. the
    > second mistake was not even claiming you would pay for it. now you
    > compound it with an immediate asshat move. a triple play! now please
    > go away and hire someone. but not here.
    >
    > uri

    I replied in kind and make no apology for it.
    --
    buck
    buck, Feb 18, 2010
  10. buck

    Uri Guttman Guest

    b> "Uri Guttman" <> wrote in
    b> news::

    b> You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer
    >> because I b> expect someone to read the comments in the file and
    >> suggest to me the b> amount of time and a rate. That's the kind

    b> of
    >> person I want to deal b> with.
    >>
    >> then you are in the wrong place. the guidelines here say no jobs
    >> posting. go to jobs.perl.org if you want to hire a perl hacker. your
    >> original post didn't specify if you wanted to pay or get free work.
    >> that was a no-no too.
    >>
    >> uri

    b> Thanks for the tip. I did read the rules and didn't see that. I
    b> apologize.

    you should also apologize for calling someone an ass here. we get trolls
    and douches all the time and they are not tolerated. you already entered
    at least one killfile and possibly others.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Feb 18, 2010
  11. buck

    Uri Guttman Guest

    b> "Uri Guttman" <> wrote in
    b> news::

    b> "Peter J. Holzer" <> wrote in
    b> news::

    b> Assuming makes you an ass. Had you bothered to navigate to
    >> Mock's web b> site, you might have another thought - if you are
    >> capable of thought.
    >>
    >> oh, calling someone an ass in public makes you an ass! how do you

    b> like
    >> them apples? you made the first mistake by posting a job here. the
    >> second mistake was not even claiming you would pay for it. now you
    >> compound it with an immediate asshat move. a triple play! now please
    >> go away and hire someone. but not here.
    >>
    >> uri

    b> I replied in kind and make no apology for it.

    your loss as you won't get as good perl help as you want here as you
    have been killfiled by at least one regular if not more.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Feb 18, 2010