Anyone willing to modify 3rd party perl code?

buck

I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want. I am
not capable of doing that.

If anyone is willing to comment and/or modify the code, it can be
downloaded from ftp://andthatsjazz.org/pub/meta-greylist and uploaded to
ftp://andthatsjazz.org/incoming.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of an existing script that is better, a
link to it would be welcome.

RedGrittyBrick

I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want.

Sounds like what ESR characterizes as an open-ended time-sink.
I am not capable of doing that.

Have you considered expanding your capabilities?

If anyone is willing to comment and/or modify the code, it can be
downloaded from ftp://andthatsjazz.org/pub/meta-greylist and uploaded to
ftp://andthatsjazz.org/incoming.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of an existing script that is better, a
link to it would be welcome.

You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
for you. I assume zero.

I sense that you need to research a bit more about what motivates people
to dedicate time and effort to a project for free. I don't feel you're
hitting the right buttons.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#explicit
http://catb.org/~esr/writings/

Peter J. Holzer

I have a perl script written by Christian Mock obtained from
http://www.tahina.priv.at/~cm/spam/ . The purpose of this code is to
ask SMTP servers not already whitelisted in greylist,sqlite DB to wait a
while and then retry sending to my Postfix SMTP server (selective SPAM
control). The script does not work as I'd like, so I'd like for it to
be thoroughly commented and modified so that it does what I want. I am
not capable of doing that.

I would assume that Christian is willing to adapt the script to your
needs at his usual hourly rate. You can find his company at
http://www.coretec.at/.

hp

buck

You didn't say how much you are willing to pay someone to do this work
for you. I assume zero.

You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer because I
expect someone to read the comments in the file and suggest to me the
amount of time and a rate. That's the kind of person I want to deal
with.

buck

I would assume that Christian is willing to adapt the script to your
needs at his usual hourly rate. You can find his company at
http://www.coretec.at/.

hp
Assuming makes you an ass. Had you bothered to navigate to Mock's web
site, you might have another thought - if you are capable of thought.

Uri Guttman

b> You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer because I
b> expect someone to read the comments in the file and suggest to me the
b> amount of time and a rate. That's the kind of person I want to deal
b> with.

then you are in the wrong place. the guidelines here say no jobs
posting. go to jobs.perl.org if you want to hire a perl hacker. your
original post didn't specify if you wanted to pay or get free work. that
was a no-no too.

uri

Uri Guttman

b> Assuming makes you an ass. Had you bothered to navigate to Mock's web
b> site, you might have another thought - if you are capable of thought.

oh, calling someone an ass in public makes you an ass! how do you like
them apples? you made the first mistake by posting a job here. the
second mistake was not even claiming you would pay for it. now you
compound it with an immediate asshat move. a triple play! now please go
away and hire someone. but not here.

uri

buck

b> You are presuming something not true. I don't make an offer
because I b> expect someone to read the comments in the file and
suggest to me the b> amount of time and a rate. That's the kind of
person I want to deal b> with.

then you are in the wrong place. the guidelines here say no jobs
posting. go to jobs.perl.org if you want to hire a perl hacker. your
original post didn't specify if you wanted to pay or get free work.
that was a no-no too.

uri

Thanks for the tip. I did read the rules and didn't see that. I
apologize.

buck

b> Assuming makes you an ass. Had you bothered to navigate to
Mock's web b> site, you might have another thought - if you are
capable of thought.

oh, calling someone an ass in public makes you an ass! how do you like
them apples? you made the first mistake by posting a job here. the
second mistake was not even claiming you would pay for it. now you
compound it with an immediate asshat move. a triple play! now please
go away and hire someone. but not here.

uri

I replied in kind and make no apology for it.

Uri Guttman

b> Thanks for the tip. I did read the rules and didn't see that. I
b> apologize.

you should also apologize for calling someone an ass here. we get trolls
and douches all the time and they are not tolerated. you already entered
at least one killfile and possibly others.

uri

Uri Guttman

b> I replied in kind and make no apology for it.

your loss as you won't get as good perl help as you want here as you
have been killfiled by at least one regular if not more.

uri